We started off Friday with rain, bad storms, and tornado warnings. (Always fun when you are in a RV!) We spent a small amount of time playing horseshoes and cooking gumbo, but the tornado sirens started going off and the rain started coming down so we quickly moved inside!! I stayed in Bham with my dad and Tammie (much nicer than staying in the RV!!!) so when the weather settled down some we headed back home.
Our little group trekked back to Dega Saturday morning. Here we are on the tractor tram heading to the infield.
The temperature dropped about 15 degrees from Friday and there was a steady 30 mph wind so we were freezing. I'm talking socks with sandals, snuggie wearing freezing!! After a quick trip through the merchandise trailers, the Busch series race began. Lots of fun was had watching from the top of the RV.
We enjoyed a low country boil and a quick dance party before we headed out to Talladega Boulevard. (This is pretty much a redneck version of the Vegas strip in the center of the infield!) There were Christmas lights, DJs, and stripper poles. Craziness!!
Megan and I headed back out for the main event on Sunday which was filled with lots of time on top of the RV and hanging out with good friends!
The whole weekend was filled with lots of redneck fun and I'm sure we will do it again!!


No comments:
Post a Comment