As the days grew closer to my anatomy ultrasound with Connor, I would go back in forth as to which I preferred, a boy or a girl. I'd thought about how fun it would be to have a girl that I could dress up with pretty bows and have spa days with in the future. And then I would think about Brooks and how much fun it would be for him to have a brother! Plus, I've already done the boy thing so I knew what I was getting into!! I would think about my sister and how close we are and then about Mike and how close he is with his brother. Not that he isn't close to his sister, but there is just something about same sex siblings that makes the bond between them tighter.
When we found out we were having a boy, I was ecstatic! I couldn't wait to see the relationship develop between Brooks and his brother. Now that Connor is here, it melts my heart watching them interact. It has only been six weeks and I can see the love that Brooks has for him. Yes, there is the expected amount of jealousy and the things that his 20 month old mind can't comprehend (like not to poke Connor in the eye)! Brooks gives Connor a kiss before his nap and bedtime everyday and he is constantly asking where the baby is; he asks to hold him at least once a day. Connor is a good sport and lets his older brother do pretty much anything to him.
| His 1st time holding him! |

My heart is so full! I can not wait to see this love and friendship grow. I know there will be some knock-down, drag-out fights, but I know that that is part of it! We have been blessed beyond measure!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
This is such a sweet post! They are such adorable little boys!
ReplyDelete