Sorry for the delay in posting. I'm still trying to figure out a schedule and haven't had too much time lately! I think I have it figured out now!!
We got to the hospital at 10:00 on 7/14 to get the process started. I got hooked up to the monitors and everything checked out great. Connor was doing well and I was even having some contractions. (I look big, but not nearly as huge as I looked right before I had Brooks!)
Mike and I hung out for a while. My sister came and sat with me too; she's due with her first in October, so she was learning the ropes! (I'm not sure why we didn't take any pictures!! Sorry Erin!) Around 12:15 we walked to the OR. This is a crazy concept for me. I did it when I had Brooks too. I just think it's funny that they have you walk :)
I got my spinal and prepped for surgery and then Mike was brought in. Even though I haven't been in the OR since April, it is still so strange being the patient and not on the other side of the blue drapes.
After a couple of minutes, this screaming boy 8lb 9 oz boy emerged!
He peed all over the nurses at least 4 times while they were trying to clean, weigh, and evaluate him!
My first glimpse of the little man.
Our newest addition!
Brooks came to visit and meet Connor that same day. He did not know what to think and wouldn't talk or get near Connor or I. (I was still hooked up to IVs and couldn't really move, so I can't really blame him!)
.jpg)
The next day was much better!
Look at all this hair! No wonder I had so much heartburn!!
All packed up and ready to go home!!
Connor has been a great baby and Brooks has been an AMAZING big brother! I can't wait to see what the future holds! (But I am definitely not wishing away the present!)


.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment